Friday, January 30, 2009

Quotation of the Week

"You have NO idea how hard my legs are working right now!" - Josephine Fallah, a Deliberate Movement client.



In the midst of a particularly difficult leg circuit, while I threw out a vigorous storm of commands and encouragements... my charismatic client, Josephine, blurted out today's quote. It was so amusing and raw and desparate. I loved it!

I mean, as a trainer, I hear all sorts of fun comments, complaints, excuses, and threats. This one was just precious, though.

And it makes you think...

Wouldn't it be super cool to be able to experience the sensations that other people experience?

Now, I'm not going so far as to say that I'd like to jump into the body of one of the characters from the torture movie "Hostel" (shudder)... and I'm not trying to feed the imagination of those whose minds are constantly in the gutter (you know who you are)...

I'm just going back to that age-old discussion of pain tolerance. "They" say that women have greater pain tolerance than men. And some people are simply self-proclaimed wussies when it comes to pain. And it all simply revolves around individual perception. There really is no good way to quantify the amount of pain that's taking place inside any one person.

But, wouldn't it be interesting to acutally feel the sensations of someone else during their exercise routine - to see if YOU think it's as difficult and painful as they say??

I know, it's kind of a "Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey" post today. But I was feeling silly :)

No comments: