Thursday, January 22, 2009

Uh oh... a new fitness goal!

Okay, so I've officially started training for the CrossFit Games Southern California Regional Qualifier!

If you're unsure about what this "CrossFit" thing of which I speak...

It's a strength and conditioning program that includes all aspects of fitness. I'm talking cardiovascular endurance, strength, speed, power, stamina, flexibility, coordination, agility, accuracy, and balance. Each variable 'workout of the day' (WOD) covers a handful of these fitness domains - and in any given week, a person's entire level of fitness is challenged to the fullest degree.

So, it's through my beloved CrossFit gym - CrossFit 360 in Long Beach/Signal Hill - that I aspire to improve in every possible way that I can, physically. Basically, to become a nonstoppable animal!

Now, the Games...
The CrossFit Games test the 'best of the best' in all CrossFit gyms all over the world. The competition resembles the WODs that we complete every day. But they're more difficult. And the judges are extremely strict on your technique, form, and execution of these difficult exercises. AND - you have to be one of either 6 males or 6 females to qualify into the Games...

But I want to give it a try. Even with the frightening thought that I'll be surrounded by the most intimidating athletes out there... that every second counts... that I'm gonna have to endure some pretty nauseating workouts to bring myself up to the next level... I'm gonna train for the next three months and try give those other participants a run for their money.

Yep - it's time for another big fitness goal!



Last night, myself and 7 other brave, amazing people entered into a training program that will push us to our limits.

I know I'll go much farther with their support AND their ongoing hustle.

I'm excited.
I'm frightened.
I'm ready to work.
And I'm determined.

There's some stuff I gotta improve - and it won't be fun.
But if I want it bad enough...

I'll keep you guys posted!

No comments: