Monday, October 20, 2008

Stuck in a powerless cycle...

So, I went to an exciting Persian wedding on Sunday night - WAY up in the far northern corner of LA - about as far as you can drive and still be in LA county...

I'm still recovering from how late it put me into bed, especially before an early morning at work. Ah well, we had a rockin' good time :)

But I am also recovering, not from a hangover (fortunately, I got to be designated driver, so I avoided that fate), but from the sugar-fest I decided to have!

See, I have a weakness for sweets and baked goods... and I don't give in very often, but I had planned for some weekend wedding treats.

And, boy, do I feel it today!

... In the form of MORE sugar cravings.

It's been super hard to control! In fact, I'm having real trouble making good choices today. And I don't like that...

It's so very true that eating sugar/sweets/desserts puts your body into a cycle of wanting more sugary stuff.

Like I mentioned before - I don't succumb to my sweet tooth very often. And that's because I have more self-control to resist the irresistible stuff when I keep it out of my diet.

I don't keep sugary treats in the house, and I try to surround myself with delicious, healthy snacks. That way, I stay satisfied with my choices, I feel good, and I don't think of dessert as being a part of my daily life.

All that careful planning gives me the willpower when I DO walk by my fav peanut butter cookies (mmmmm... cookies)

But today...
is a different story.
I'm regretting those endless handfuls of personalized m&m's and the huge slab of chocolate cake. But I also want more. It's torturous.

I'll be back to full self-control in another day or so. It's the price I have to pay for going overboard.

If you're stuck in that cycle, I feel your pain.

Let's get out of it together.

Let's fill our bodies w/ whole foods, resist the urge to have some of that Halloween candy that's already hanging around at the office, drink lots of water, and fully detox from the dominating influence of sugar!

Who's with me??

I'll keep you posted w/ my progress ;)

1 comment:

Tamili said...

Oh, those awful wonderful sweets!
I think some good protein is helpful in such situations.