Thursday, October 2, 2008

Choose your friends wisely...

I told you I'd continue the discussion of my epiphanies. Well, this is the final chapter.

Not only have I recently embraced that I am happiest when I add the element of physicality into my life...

But I've also decided that I need to keep surrounding myself with people that enrich my life.

I've met some incredible people lately.
  • I attended a networking/business "bootcamp" in Connecticut, where I met individuals with similar passions for health/fitness/exercise/life. Each one encouraged me to dream big and to take action - they challenged me in other ways besides the physical stuff. I still talk to a lot of them on a regular basis...
  • In my last two months as a Cross Fit member, I've met people who like to be in the gym as much as I do! Members, instructors, and owners alike have made the gym feel like a happy community, even though the exercise is often brutal. But, honestly, the camaraderie is one of the reasons that I do work out so much...

What do these two groups of mine have in common?

They offer support!

I walked into unfamiliar territory both times and just happened to gain access into an inclusive society of support and positivity! So inspiring.

And since it's really hard to continually do it all alone - to navigate through your life without a soul to save you from yourself...
I highly recommend a good support system.

Do you have a support system?

Do you surround yourself with positive, high-quality people?

Or do you go through challenges alone - with no one to help you out of any negative patches?

The ultimate reason that people succeed at difficult challenges (in this case, let's say fat loss - because everyone wants to lose some fat, right?)... is that they have found a solid source of support. And the more support, the better.

So, I'll keep improving my business by turning to my group of amazing fitness pros...
I'll make sure to stay fit, strong, and inspired by continuing to experience new challenges with a crazy group of Cross Fitters :)

What are YOU going to do to get to where you want to be?

Who are YOU going to lean on??

No comments: