Friday, November 14, 2008

Quotation of the Week

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." -Dennis Waitely


We're only human, right?
I'm not gonna judge anyone for mistakes they've made and tasks they've put off until "later". It's a waste to dwell on things from the past.

But it's not too late to change something.
When today is over and you're dissatisfied with your appearance, your level of fitness, your quality of life, or any other possibility... you CAN take steps to change it tomorrow.

There are people all over the world doing just that. Preparing for tomorrow and CHANGING that with which they are no longer pleased. And most of them have just as many obstacles as you do. Plus - it's true - they do have the same amount of time in a day that you do. And if they can do it, why aren't you??

There are no good excuses for neglecting to start on a new pathway.
Time issues, laziness, etc. Not one good excuse. If you want something bad enough, you'll find the time to do what it takes.

Just some food for thought before your weekend. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Aaron Benes said...

First off Dennis Waitely quotes rock!

Secondly Thank You Kim for speaking the truth....Why is it that Bill Gates has 24 hrs in the day, Thomas Edison had 24 hrs in the day, and Michael Jordan has 24 hrs in the day but yet most people seem to deny this fact outright. And then they proceed to come up with elaborate rationalizations (really excuses)as to why they are not living the life of their dreams. If people would start accepting responsibility for their happiness, health and success they might start getting somewhere.

Mustafa said...

We all have 24 hours each day. I agree Aaron. And as Kim has pointed out, the question is what we do with them. Can I wake up at an hour at which I can allow myself some focus on my personal health and fitness? Can I live that day in a way that keeps me healthy? Of course I can, but will I? The issue is always whether we -- I -- will use my time in a way that accomplishes those goals.

Just as you say, I must take responsibility for my own health. I cannot hope to help others effectively unless I attend to my own abilities -- because my abilities are the expression of me. After we take care of ourselves -- for that hour or two each day -- we empower ourselves to accomplish the greater goals to which we aspire. Aaron, I agree.