Monday, November 3, 2008

Pessimism not allowed!

So, I'm nervous today.

I'm nervous about tomorrow's election and it's results.
I'm nervous about the thousands of rats under my house (Seriously! There has got to be a rat rodeo going on under my little crappy house at night... I don't know when they decided to set up shop, but it's gotta stop!)
I'm nervous that I'm not gonna get all of my tasks completed this week.

It's just a collective nervousness...

But I'm not gonna be negative.

I feel like too many people take their uneasy, nervous, & frustrated feelings and automatically transfer those feelings into a negative outlook.
It's such a cop-out!
I mean, it's so easy to bundle all your frustrations together and pout about the fairness of it all.
It's much harder to take those feelings and find the bright side - the positive point of view.

But I would rather spend the extra energy trying to be positive.

I want to know... what's the point of being negative?
Really, where does that get you?
Besides leaving you feeling depressed, hopeless, and stuck in one thought pattern...

From a health and fitness perspective, negative notions are a cancer to your progress.

So, I challenge you to fight 'em.
Even if your chosen presidential candidate doesn't win this week.
Even if the rats keep waking you up every night. (argh!)
Even if your workouts are difficult this week and life is just punching you down and money is a bit tight...

Don't go to the dark side. Life is so much better if you focus on the good stuff and make the best out of all situations. Pessimism is not allowed here...

Okay, that's it for today.
Vote for Obama!!!!

No comments: