Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tahoe Picture Book

As promised, here are some amusing photos from our Tahoe getaway...

AND, here are 5 fun tidbits from the trip:

1) Compared to last year's snowboarding trip (that left me aching in pain and soreness the entire time!)... I did not suffer from any soreness at all. None! Well, except for a bit o' tenderness in my neck following some sweet wipeouts :)

Why the miracle of absent pain? Two reasons. First of all, I'm much stronger this year. Secondly, I've gotten a lot better at snowboarding! And when you improve at an activity, you become much more efficient at that activity. Meaning, you don't have to work as hard. (remember this - because we will revisit this concept again next week...)

2) After another trial run with packing light, I am absolutely sure that I'll be able to simplify my life into two bags for our upcoming year away from home. Six more months, my friends. How thrilling!!

3) Walking backwards in snow shoes is almost impossible.

4) Dave and Elena are phenomenal parents to little Alexander. The patience they carry is truly incredible! We've learned a lot from their example, and will look forward to applying what we've learned in the future. That's right, I said "future" - deal with it!

5) I enjoy cookies way too much. I think I have a problem! Either that, or Eloisa's cookies are just way too addictive (thanks, Elo, for ALL your cooking!)... I think it's a bit of both :)

Alright... PICS!


Kim & Elena, on their way up to the funhouse! (don't ask)


Kim, Elena, & Paul - on a beautiful bluebird day


Dave, Kim, & JD - at the top of KT-22 in Squaw
(can you see the sideways snow!?)


Kim, shredding up the mountain. Awww yeeeah!


JD, plowin' through the powder on a snowy day


Elo, showing off her new skills after skiing lessons :)


JD & Dave, spending an afternoon on the back side of Northstar


Kim, Elena, & Paul - about to drop off a super steep face. Whoa!
(beautiful Lake Tahoe in the background)


A scenic shot at Alpine Meadows
(and some perma-grins to boot!)


Kim, with one of Alpine's famous rescue dogs


Ahhhh - JD, takin' a break before heading back up


Elena & Alexander - sledding in our temporary backyard


Kim & "Tahoe Joe" :)


Dave & Alexander - exploring!


Kim, leading the snowshoeing expedition


Elena, Dave, & JD - watch out for those coyotes!!


My hunky hubby :)


Kim, Elo, Paul, & Dave - night snowshoeing!

Thanks to all of you who joined JD and I on such a stellar trip. Here's to sushi, poker, the bottle collection, 40 degrees, rockin' on the railway, taco night, solitaire, margaritas, video-boarding, Paul's flask, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and that brilliant gas fireplace!

No comments: