Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm so proud!

Last week, I found myself in a peculiar situation.

While training one client, I was surrounded by two other clients of mine who just so happened to be in the gym to complete their customized workouts for the day. And while I stood among my "people", the distinct feeling of animosity and resentment was permeating the air. Dirty looks were being thrown my way, and all three of them were seemingly bonding together in a "why the heck are we punishing ourselves?" sorta way...

And this happened again an hour later!

The peculiar part is not that I was surrounded by hatred and hostility (that happens on a daily basis!)... the unusual thing is that there has been so much consistency among my clients during a commonly inconsistent time of year. PLUS - not only have they been consistent at showing up for their appointments with me... but they've been absolutely fantastic at getting their butts into the gym on their own!

That was the great thing about being surrounded the other day. Most of the exercisers were in the gym to work out without me. They had shown up for some solo sweat time. Rock on!

I've been so proud of my clients this month. With the slow economy AND the busy, stressful holiday season both acting as possible obstacles to a fitness program, I've heard minimal excuses this year. I've seen people walking the talk. And I've observed everyone choosing to make their health and fitness a priority. Ahhh, how refreshing.

Friends -
It's so important to realize that NOTHING can stop us from being healthy and fit.
Not the economy.
Not the busy holiday season.
Not the hellish, everyday schedules we insist on keeping.
Not our families.
Not our friends.
Not even our own excuses.

So, have you been focused on maintaining your health and fitness this December? Do you deserve a pat on the back like my dedicated clients do?

If not... it's not too late to start. The holidays are not over yet.... you can still redeem yourself! (or at least fit in some stress relief!)

No comments: