Monday, June 8, 2009

Reach for the sky!

In the pursuit of a goal, who do you surround yourself with?

Do you solely remain in the comforts of a group of folks that have similar abilities?

Do you underestimate your skills and talents, hiding behind people who are weaker than you?

OR - do you seek out the people who are WAY better than you are?


I, personally, like to surround myself with greatness.
I like to find the individuals who are super talented at something I want to accomplish.

Even though it ends up being a lot of hard work, I get the most self-fulfillment from putting myself amongst the best of the best.

Therefore - in my life as a fitness enthusiast, I like to spend my time with people who are faster, stronger, more powerful, and more experienced.

The practice of allowing greatness to encircle your life will ultimately help you to move closer and closer to your own potential. Especially in the world of fitness/exercise.


And as time inches closer and closer to the 2009 CrossFit Games for which I'm training, I have found a truly fabulous group of GREAT women with which to challenge my abilities.

Katie, Becca, Kris, Michelle, and Val (and soon to join us... Linda!) are some of the most physically potent ladies that I've ever met. Each of us has our strengths and weaknesses - but we seem to feed off each others' strengths. We somehow squeeze the best out of each other each time we meet up. It's been an absolute joy to train with these powerful females - and I will continue to look forward to our remaining weekend workouts, for sure! I can't wait to represent Southern California with them in a little over one month! Whoot! (that's for you, Michelle)



Show 'em how it's done, SoCal 7!!

Will you reach for the sky as well?
Give it a try - you won't be disappointed :)

No comments: