Wednesday, May 27, 2009

How can I convince you to stop doing crunches??

Maybe I need to start adding an "Abdominal Wednesday" section to my blog so that I can sufficiently hammer the idea out of your head that crunches are super duper ineffective!

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Just little tidbits each week.

Over time, you'll have oodles of reasons why crunches should make minimal appearances in a program that is designed both to strengthen the abs AND to shrink the fluff around the midsection.

Let's start with a testimonial from one of my newer clients.

Yes, he also talks about the fact that endless cardio is ineffective as well. But let's just focus on what he says about crunches...


"For a long time, I thought that cardio would be the way to get rid of my basketball belly. Well since I've started working out with you on a weekly basis, doing only a little cardio compared to the amount of strength training, my belly has started to disappear. I haven't spent endless hours on a treadmill running to nowhere and the absolute BEST PART is in the 6 months or so I've been working out with you, I HAVEN'T HAD TO DO A SINGLE FRIGGIN' CRUNCH OR SIT-UP AND MY BELLY IS STILL DISAPPEARING!!! You have made a believer in strength training of me! Thanks for the great workouts!"


Jeff L.



Jeff certainly hit the nail on the head.

The way to get rid of an unwanted belly is NOT through crunches!! Or situps!! Uggh!

It's through overall activity, intense exercise, controlled nutrition, and movements that use the stomach the way the stomach was designed to work (and it wasn't designed to simply flex the torso... no sir!!)

More to come next Wednesday!!

No comments: