Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Becoming a 'STUD' :)

While cleaning out my email inbox this past weekend, I came across the cutest email from one of my female clients. I thought you might like to listen to her words of excitement:

"So you know how I was telling you last week that I finally feel comfortable in 'guy territory' at the gym? While that’s true, I always still feel like all the muscle men around me are thinking 'who is this chick with her 20-lb dumbbells, taking up space?' But this morning, the muscle-iest of the muscle-ies came up to me to ask where I get my routines. He commented that my exercises seemed to really work well, and said that whatever I’ve been doing is definitely working—that or I’m getting taller :) Basically, you have made me a stud!"


I LOVE this email!

It's so fulfilling for me to see my clients advance to a state of empowerment.
That's really my favorite part of my job...
Witnessing a person's transformation into a total stud!


Here's a for-instance of a typical stud metamorphosis:

A newbie enters my world. He/she has little knowledge about how to exercise correctly, and has zero understanding as to his/her own potential. This person is intimidated by the gym, bitter about the exercising process, and self-described as weak and unfit. Hopes may be high, but self-esteem and perceived capability are noticeably low.


Then the transformation begins...

They are taught the correct technique of basic exercises.
They begin to understand the importance of different tools and implements.
They progressively perform more challenging exercises as soon as the initial movements are mastered.
They become aware of a steady improvement in all aspects of fitness.
They begin to understand what 'pushing oneself' means in a physical setting.
They are willing to push themselves!
They find themselves enjoying the act of exercising.
They look forward to new challenges.
They start to exude confidence in their new-found exercise knowledge.
As the journey of consistency in physical training continues, they develop a pride and a strong sense of self-respect.
They appreciate their bodies and their capacity for fitness.


Exercise can redefine a person.

It can convert a lazy weakling into a solid, strong, confident, active being with a lust for life.

It can cause a person to be noticed for their dedication and hard work. Just like my client in the quote above. With her growing confidence and unwillingness to listen to fear and negative thoughts... she was pleasantly surprised to realize that other people (people who seem to matter, like 'muscle-y' guys!) were noticing how studly she really was becoming.

I've trained a lot of studs. And I can't wait to reveal more of 'em.

Really, each person is a stud just waiting to happen :)

Have you unveiled your studliness yet, my friend?!

No comments: