Friday, August 14, 2009

Quotation of the Week


"The real winners in life are the people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better." -Barbara Pletcher

I have been accused of being idealistic and imaginative.
I've been told that I need to be more realistic and practical.

And I admit... I may float in the clouds sometimes.
I do like it there :)

However, I refuse to believe that my enthusiastic optimism is a bad thing.

Especially because that part of me is what helps me to be certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I can make any situation work. That may not seem practical to most... but it's that hesitation in others - that skepticism - which makes me want to work THAT much harder to prove others wrong.

You can make anything work if you try hard enough (within reason, of course).
You can be successful at any goal if you expect that success.
And in order to really follow through to that success, you need a healthy shot of optimism and go-get-em attitude! You need to ignore the haters and KNOW that you can make it work, no matter what!

I'm not bashing practicality and awareness. I'd be a fool to ignore those attributes.

But I am suggesting this...
The more conviction you possess toward a task / situation / challenge... The better your chances at "winning" (or simply reaching the successful endpoint).

Always remember that a shot of positivity can get you through the rough patches.
Isn't that the true definition of a "winner"? One who perseveres in the face of adversity?

No comments: